The tunes stopped. There was a longer than pregnant pause. The lead singer fainted and couldn’t go back on stage.
I wonder if the audience will get a refund?
Hang on. Wait a sec. They’re coming back on now. It seems the show will go on.
These old fogies aren’t what they used to be. Let’s face it-who is? Let’s see what they’ve got left in them.
Hey wait! There’s someone Epically Awesome up on stage with the wrinkly rockers. Oh wow, it’s Cranky! I know her. She is the epitome of awesome. She’ll give those guys a run for their money.
If you have no idea who I am referring to you have to go to the backstage party at Grandma Says. I wouldn’t care about meeting anyone else there but her. I am in awe of this lady. She has me in stitches, tears and leaves me to think; normally all within a single post. See if you can sneak in and get her autograph. Be warned though, whatever you do, don’t drop the F*&% bomb. She’ll probably drop-kick you out the door without any help from security.
I can’t believe it! She’s just thrown an award out into the crowd and I caught it.
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Tell 10 Epic/Awesome tales about yourself.
2. Nominate 10 Epic/Awesome bloggers and let them know how Awesome they are.
I find it hard to toot my own horn and I don’t know if any of these rate as Epically Awesome; more so Epically Awesomely Average but we’ll give it a go:
- I love change. I embrace it; thrive on it even. No change makes for a stale, cardboard cut-out version of me.
- I am near on completing my first picture book (and yes it does have words).
- I can drive, apply lip gloss and hand snacks to the back seat dwellers all at the same time.
- Handling 12 hours of children’s television programs in the background of my personal soundtrack inside my head in one day is a walk in the park.
- I never knew that WP would unleash the creative monster that has lived inside of me, relatively unnoticed, and make me a little more outwardly crazy than I was before.
- I have taught primary school aged children for the past 19 years and have lived to tell the tales.
- My sister is Epic in my book.
- My boys are my walking proof that I am a mum. On rare occasions I’m an Epically Awesome one.
- Family is my one and only true love. Without them I would not be whole. This includes you-my bloggerellies.
- Shyla, my 12 y.o Golden Retriever is my mate. After breaking her leg at 3 y.o and facing amputation she has shown me an awesome amount of love.
My nominees are Epically Awesome as they have chosen to follow this little Love Trail.
I’d also like to thank Bubbly Mel for this lovely award that makes me feel a little princessy. I’m not frilly and pink by any stretch of the imagination but I love it all the same.
I reckon Mel is a Yummy Mummy already and should drop the’ trying to’ part. She’s gorgeous just the way she is. She’s had me squealing like a little school girl since we arrived for the show. I was already excited but she inspired me to be super excited.
Tomorrow sees the encore for this fine rock star-studded performance. I think they’ll retire after that. I don’t think they’ve got another world tour in ’em.