No more baby love.
If you were expecting potty training advice or talk of poop and tushies on toilets move along please. This isn’t that sort of post.
I’m renaming Sunday as Funday in my jurisdiction (which probably equates to about 1 gazillionth of the world’s land mass).
Just three has been in jocks for a while now. He’s still in a nappy (diapers for my U.S. friends) overnight at present but my ‘baby’ is no longer that. We have an abundance of nappies due to my fear of ever running out so I thought we’d put them to good use today. Any speak of toilet-related business ends here.
I came into the lounge room where the kids were ‘fighting’ (being Power Rangers or some other such doings) and dumped a load of nappies on the floor. They, of course, looked at me blankly until I stuck one on top of Just 3’s head, did up the tabs and explained that he was now a fighter in a boxing ring. That’s exactly what he looked like with just his face showing! This didn’t stop the fight mentality so I changed tact.
I asked them to come up with different ways to use a nappy. Here’s our top ten:
Just 3 went and got a teddy and I helped him to put it on. No need to worry about teddy peeing in the bed tonight.
- Almost 6 wanted one on his head and decided he was a BMX rider so he rode around the room on his imaginary bike.
- Next were elbow pads and knee pads for riding a scooter.
- One wrapped around the wrist inside out was good for a tennis player to wipe the sweat from their brow.
- We rolled one into a ball, fastened it and used it for a soccer ball.
- I was given a lovely choker necklace to wear. I was told it could also double as a shower cap if I didn’t want to get my hair wet when taking time for my daily ablutions.
- We fashioned one on the end of a toy sword to make a golf club. This also alleviated the Power Ranger duelling.
- On feet they made good snow shoes and would stop your socks from getting wet.
- Wet, inside out and rolled they were better than water balloons-no bits to clean up. Caution-if they ‘burst’ the clean up is worse.
- Just 3 ended up looking like a ninja as we attached multiple nappies to his body. He was laughing so much he couldn’t resist.
So if you’re a little bored anytime soon and have a few spare ones left in the back of the cupboard, break them out and have fun. No mess, no fuss.
If you’re after useful uses for leftover nappies head to Instructables by clicking here.
Love your Sunday however you choose.
Image from: here.