Oh my lordy me! I have awards coming out of my ears. I’m going to be completely honest here and tell you how much I love these awards but how much time they take up. I go in to dust them off and I come out 4 hours later. The shelf is to breaking point and I’m going to have to add another one if any more arrive. For this round I’m going to focus on expressing my gratitude to my fellow bloggers who thought enough of me to give me more cleaning. I don’t normally do a blurb about the giver but today that’s my goal. I also want to recognise the ‘family’ award the most so I’m going to give a shout out to the new members of my family. I sure you have better things to do with your time than reading X amounts of facts about me so I’ll condense those too.
Monday’s Mum is just Making It Through Monday. She’s also expecting baby No. 2 and is an aspiring author like my good self. Her birthday is the same day as my eldest and she writes about a load of topics.
The rules for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who has nominated you,
2. Post the award logo to your blog.
3. Nominate and link to 15 other very inspiring bloggers.
4. Notify them; and tell 7 things about yourself.
This one’s from Kira (who I’ll talk about more in a moment) and also Patty at Petite Magique. Patty’s bagged a swag of awards lately and is on a roll. I’m so glad Patty found me. She’s a teacher like me and she loves reading, writing and poetry. I think she’s pretty awesome as I’m sure you’ll agree.
The Sunshine Blog award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is given to bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
The rules for this award are:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your Blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 Bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their Blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Link the person who nominated you.
Kira, my gal pal and leader of the Three Mus’K’teers does more than hold herself together at Wrestling Life. She’s the glue that allows the three of us to keep fighting on! She composes poetry and shares her daily, brave fight with addiction.
Award Description: “This is an award for everyone who is part of the “WordPress Family” I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can show. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honor to start this award.” from Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com/
Rules: 1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
So I’m going to do 10 quick things about me. I haven’t posted a pic of me yet so I’ll give you some descriptive stuff to work into an image.
- I am a towering 5’4” and shrinking by the day.
- I’m a brunette (with greys for highlights).
- My hair is naturally curly but I torment it to be straight every day.
- My eyes are hazel but were chocolate brown at birth.
- I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe.
- I have one wonky tooth. Kids always ask me if it’s going to fall out.
- Bits of me have descended and reassembled in place they never existed before but I’m the same weight I was in high school-always have been.
- My repertoire of facial expressions has resulted in lines on every part of my face.
- I have two ears (really!) that are pierced- three on one side, two on the other.
- I have a tattoo of the Egyptian Isis on my shoulder blade so when I tell kids I can see what they’re doing when my back is turned I really am watching them.
The following nominees are bloggers who have recently decided to follow me. Acceptance of the award is your choice. I just wanted to thank you for becoming part of my family. I hope to see you more often than the cousin or the uncle who lives far away because, let’s face it, you’re right around the corner.
Year ‘Round Thanksgiving Projext
Marriage, Motherhood and Madness
Universal Cosmic Consciousness
Finally to anyone who would like any of these awards and you have missed out on one for your display cabinet please feel free to take any or all. It’ll save me from sneezing every time the dust floats off of them.
Thank you for the nominations and hugs to all my long lost relatives.